Happy Halloween! Over the weekend we celebrated at a costume party held by some of our closest friends. (Check back later this afternoon to see our costumes!). Among all of the Halloween decor, costumes, and games, were some of the best themed treats ever. I didn’t get pictures of everything, but these were amazing! Pictured above are Dracula’s Dentures, a spooky dessert made by my friend Diane. She found the recipe over at The Girl Who Ate Everything and I wanted to share!
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 package (18.25 ounces) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1/2 cup prepared vanilla frosting, tinted red
- 1 3/4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 48 slivered almonds
- Prepare cookies as directed on package or according to your favorite recipe. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; place on wire rack to cool completely. Cut each cookie in half for a total of 48 halves.
- Frost the bottoms of all cookie halves with frosting. Place 6 marshmallow teeth around curved perimeter of 24 halves. For additional support, an additional marshmallow can be placed behind the teeth. Top with remaining 24 halves. Insert two almond slivers in between teeth for fangs. If fangs do not adhere, dip tips into frosting.
Original recipe by Lori Fillmore; NestleUSA. See more from the original blog post here.