If you’re new to blogging or just trying to rekindle your blogging passion, here are 5 ways to stay on track.
1. Keep your voice. Don’t ever try to be something or someone that you’re not. Be honest. You may look at a big, successful blogger and feel you should write how they write. Don’t purposely match your blog to someone else’s. Your voice is important and it is what makes you unique!
2. Consistency is key. Write your blog on a regular basis. Keeping a schedule can help when life gets in the way. If you can only post once or twice a week, that’s ok. If your readers know that you post on Tuesday and Thursday, they’ll come back to see what’s new.
3. Don’t blog about things you don’t like. If you’re not obsessed with fashion, you’re probably not going to be the greatest fashion blogger. Likewise, don’t start a recipe blog if you don’t enjoy cooking. Find a niche that you can write about with passion. If you can’t think of more than a few things right off the bat, then you may need to widen your scope.
4. Connect with your readers. So you don’t have a huge following? That’s ok! Connect with those who are your followers. Initiate conversations and talk to the people who are reading your blog. Even if it’s just your mom. Hi, Mom!
5. Growth will happen over time. Rome wasn’t built in a day. It will take some time. Keeping with the previous pieces of advice, your blog will start to grow. Whether your goal is to blog for fun or blog for your business or create a blogging career, it isn’t going to happen over night. Stop comparing yourself to others and keep on trucking.
I’ve recently rediscovered my passion for writing and I’m hoping to keep up with the blog! This particular post was inspired by The DC Ladies prompt for TDCLBlogtober14. This lovely group of ladies has given me the motivation to get back to blogging!